Also, in light of my experience in the break room today between classes, I thought it would be appropriate to reiterate the things we learned in kindergarten...
1. If there is a line that has formed, wait your turn.
I had quite an interesting conversation with a PRECIOUS gem in the break

room at school today after waiting for 15 minutes for the microwave, standing behind two fellow graduate students...and I was next in line.
There was another girl behind me.
Instead of waiting her turn, a third girl decided to jump in ahead of me.
Now, there are a two things you should know about me...One, I'm part Irish. Two, I'm part Italian (and that's a lot of fire to fight when you get angry).
Instead of letting this injustice of a girl cutting me and a second girl in a fifteen minute line for a microwave, I confronted her...In Jasper lingo, "I aint skeered."
Me: "Were you in line?"
Her: "Yes, those two jumped in front of me."
Me: "Oh that's interesting because I've been here waiting in line behind them and you were sitting down instead of waiting in line."
Her: "A line? A line for a microwave?" (Sarcastically).
Me: "Why yes, dear. It happens in many communal spaces, i.e. waiting in line for a toilet stall...you wouldn't just jump me in line for a toilet would you?"
Her: *Rolls her eyes*
Me: "I'll take that as a yes."
Kindergarten people...Everything you need to know you learned in Kindergarten...


0 comments:
Post a Comment