Monday, July 19, 2010

Last Week of School

I am feeling fabulous. Why? I'm starting my last week of summer school.

I realize I have so many blanks to fill in, but here are some key lessons I've learned:

1. Stop worrying. Seriously, it is a waste of time. God said it once, and I should have listened.

2. Perfection is overrated. Stop worrying about being perfect and just get it done. While you might not get the BEST grades in the world, your graduate program is about the experience. Surviving is part of your degree.

3. Sleep. Stop feeling guilty about having a life outside of grad school.

4. Manage your time effectively. Deliverables first--readings second.

5. You won't be able to give 100% everywhere, but you'll devote 100% of yourself in different areas of your life. Learning to juggle the responsibilities and remaining sane is important.

6. Mothers are the most incredible humans on the planet. Not only my mother, but the mothers in my program. They've all shown me what results from true faith and persistence. The strength that God gifted to women is unrivaled and unbelievable.

7. Group work will tell you a lot about your future colleagues. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment